There will be four round during the day of Practical Exams (16th July), each will last 90 mins.
THE FOUR TOPICS (AND ARRANGEMENT) ARE:
- Neurobiology and Bioinformatics*
- Animal and Plant Anatomy, Systematics and Ecology
- Molecular Biology and Animal Physiology
* Bioinformatics: offline version of Geneious Software
THE MAIN AIM IS TO ASSESS AND COMPARE:
1) students’ ability to use normal laboratory and biological techniques:
– Measuring (volume / mass / voltage)
– Light Microscopy
– Identification based on a key
2) students’ ability to gain, process and visualize numerical data
3) students’ reasoning and problem solving skills:
– Stating, verifying and refusing a hypothesis
– Inductive, deductive and correlational reasoning
– Creativity and designing an experiment.
All details an be found on the official olympiad’s website at http://ibo2019.org/.