Calling all students, teachers/educators and project providers…
Online applications for the Big Bang Competition are open until 8 November: https://competition.thebigbangfair.co.uk/enter-the-competition/. The Competition is open to all 11-18-year-olds in full-time education or training in the UK, and we would like to encourage everyone to submit their science, technology, engineering and maths projects to be considered!
- Empower young people to explore an area of interest and develop independent learning skills
- All projects receive thorough, constructive feedback from industry expert volunteers
- Boost profile of achievement on UCAS form or college application
- Nominated projects will be invited to compete for over £20,000 worth of amazing prizes at the UK Finals at The Big Bang Fair in March 2020; travel and accommodation bursaries are available for eligible students
- Opportunities to network with like-minded peers and STEM employers at the UK Finals
How to get started
Projects do not have to meet any set standards or requirements in order to enter the Competition. It doesn’t matter if your students conducted their project using simple everyday items or whether they undertook research in a scientific laboratory; it’s all about the idea and the enthusiasm behind it.
It could be an invention, a communication campaign or research into solving a problem within the community.
“Winning the Competition allowed me to go to my first choice of university despite my grades, as it showcased my engineering skills in a way exams never could” – Shawn Brown, UK Young Engineer of the Year 2010
Find out more and enter online here: https://competition.thebigbangfair.co.uk/about/